Fort Bragg transient convicted of choking man to death
Published: Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 5:59 p.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 5:59 p.m.
A Fort Bragg transient has been convicted of second-degree murder for choking another man to death last year.
James Kester, 41, faces 30 years to life in prison following the Wednesday conviction because he also admitted to a prior strike, which doubles the punishment, said Mendocino County District Attorney David Eyster.
Kester was convicted of killing Jason Blackshear, 42, at Blackshear's Fort Bragg home in September 2011.
Kester claimed it was self defense. He said Blackshear attacked him during a dispute, Eyster said.
Blackshear had a restraining order against Kester at the time of the killing, he said.
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.