Harvest Days are here
Published: Friday, October 12, 2012 at 3:00 p.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 9:15 a.m.
It's time to welcome the beginning of fall Petaluma style with the city's first Harvest Days Oct. 11-13 in downtown Petaluma.
The celebration features scarecrow and pumpkin displays, a cupcake bake-off, a pumpkin dash, special menus, wine and cheese tasting and even pie tasting.
“Petaluma is the perfect place to celebrate the harvest season as we have so much to offer,” said Marie McCusker, executive director of the Petaluma Downtown Association. “This is the first time the downtown merchants, the pumpkin patches, the Grape Growers Alliance and restaurants have come together to celebrate the harvest by putting on some family friendly fun activities.”
Scarecrows and pumpkins will be on display throughout downtown at participating merchants.
Special events and sales are also scheduled for all three Harvest Days.
• Great Expectations at 213 Western Ave. will be hosting Light Farms with a scarecrow and pumpkin display. They will also have pumpkins for sale.
• Taps at 205 Kentucky St. will have Harvest Beer Flights, a special menu and pumpkin cider.
• Water Street Bistro, Dempsey's Restaurant & Brewery and Rosso's Pizzeria & Mozzarella Bar will have special fall menus, too. Brixx Pizza is offering a pumpkin pizza special.
• Sonoma Valley Portworks at 613 Second St. will be offering pairings of local artisan cheeses with port.
Blush, Vine & Barrel and Gallery One will have special items for sale, as well.
Thursday, Oct. 11
The Tea Room Café presents its Laughing Crow Dinner.
Saturday, Oct. 13
• 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Free pumpkin decorating at the Bus Stop and Mail Depot at 40 Fourth St.
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. is the Hocus Pocus Cupcake Cook Off and Bake Sale at ILeoni, 120 Kentucky St. Proceeds will benefit local charities. To participate in the cook-off, call ILeoni at 762-9611.
• 11 a.m. is a whole chicken carving workshop at Sonoma Cutlery, 130 Kentucky St.
• Noon to 4 p.m. is wine grape tasting in Helen Putnam Plaza.
• Noon to 4 p.m. is cheese tasting at Petaluma Market, 210 Western Ave.
• 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. is a pumpkin carving contest at Petaluma Market.
• 1 to 4 p.m. is a guess the weight of the pie contest/pie tasting event at Petaluma Pie Co., 125 Petaluma Blvd. North.
• 1 p.m. is a pumpkin dash at Athletic Soles, 49 Petaluma Blvd. North.
• 2 p.m. is a chicken sausage making demonstration at Sonoma Cutlery.
• 2 to 5:30 p.m. is the Petaluma Farmers Market in Walnut Park and gathering of scarecrows. The public is invited to bring their scarecrows to display.
• 3 to 8 p.m. is an artisan festival with wine, cheese and refreshments at Riverfront Art Gallery, 132 Petaluma Blvd. North.
• 5 to 8 p.m. is a Harvest Art Walk at downtown galleries and merchants.
For more information on Harvest Days, to download a schedule of events and view a full list of participants, visit www.petalumadowntown.com.
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.
You'll find a number of new technology features available from this site. With personalized news sent straight to your mobile device.
post your stuff
Petaluma360.com is here for you to post your comments, photos, news and events with the community. Post it now!
Have something to say? Join the conversation!
Upload your photos of community events, holidays, pets, cute kids, breaking news and more, and vote for your favorites!
Submit your area events to encourage others in your community to attend.