Register | Forums | Log in

Bennett Valley chimney fire causes $75,000 damage

Published: Monday, November 26, 2012 at 3:00 a.m.
Last Modified: Monday, November 26, 2012 at 10:19 p.m.

A chimney fire caused about $75,000 in damage to a Bennett Valley home Monday, officials said.

The fire was reported at 7:14p.m. on Sonoma Mountain Road near La Paz Lane.

A couple were enjoying a fireplace fire at their single-story home when they noticed smoke near the ceiling, Bennett Valley Battalion Chief Dan George said.

The man "went outside and looked at his chimney on the outside of the house and saw flames," George said.

The fire was burning through the roof when firefighters arrived. It destroyed much of the roof and part of a living room by the time firefighters had it out, but most of the house was saved, George said.

The couple, whose names weren't available, were staying with neighbors, he said.

All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.

▲ Return to Top