Road closures and increased patrols during weekend festivities
Published: Friday, April 26, 2013 at 12:53 p.m.
Last Modified: Friday, April 26, 2013 at 12:53 p.m.
With the arrival of Petaluma's annual Butter and Eggs Day Parade this Saturday, April 27, and the Antique Fair on Sunday, April 28, Petaluma Police are warning citizens of local road closures and increased alcohol consumption regulation during the weekend.
The Butter and Eggs Day Parade, which goes from 10 a.m. — 5 p.m., draws thousands of people each year, and close several streets in the downtown Petaluma area. The police department is urging people attending the event to arrive early and carpool. Road closures in some areas will begin as early as 5:00 a.m.
During the Butter and Eggs Day Parade, alcohol will only be sold and consumed in the beer gardens located on B Street, between Fourth Street and Petaluma Boulevard North; and Western Avenue, between Kentucky Street and Petaluma Boulevard North. Open containers of alcohol will be prohibited outside of these areas. Furthermore, no outside alcohol may be brought to the event.
Road closure and approximate times for the Butter and Eggs Day Parade are as follows:
Saturday, April 27
• Petaluma Boulevard North from East Washington Street to D Street., 11 a.m. — 3 p.m.;
• Kentucky Street from B Street to East Washington Street, 7 a.m. — 3 p.m.;
• Second Street from B Street to D Street, 5 a.m. — 6 p.m.;
• Fourth Street from I Street to B Street, 11 a.m. — 2 p.m.;
• Fifth Street from I Street to D Street, 7 a.m. — 2 p.m.;
• A Street Parking Lot from 5 a.m. — 6 p.m.;
• B Street from Second Street to Petaluma Boulevard North, 5 a.m. — 6 p.m.;
• B Street from Petaluma Boulevard North to Sixth Street, 5 a.m. —6 p.m.;
• C Street from Petaluma Boulevard North to Second Street, 7 a.m. — 3 p.m.;
• C Street from Petaluma Boulevard North to Fifth Street, 7 a.m. — 3 p.m.;
• D Street from First Street to Sixth Street, 11 a.m. — 3 p.m.;
• Water St. from East Washington Street to Petaluma Boulevard North, 7 a.m. — 6 p.m.;
• East Washington Street from Keller Street to Petaluma Blvd North, 11 a.m. —3 p.m.;
• Western Avenue from Petaluma Boulevard North to Keller Street, 5 a.m. — 6 p.m.;
• E, F and H Streets from Fourth Street to Fifth Street, from 7 a.m. — 3 p.m.
The road closure and approximate time for the Antique Fair is as follows:
Sunday, April 28
• Fourth Street/Kentucky Street from B Street to East Washington Street, 3 a.m. — 5:30 p.m.
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.
You'll find a number of new technology features available from this site. With personalized news sent straight to your mobile device.
post your stuff
Petaluma360.com is here for you to post your comments, photos, news and events with the community. Post it now!
Have something to say? Join the conversation!
Upload your photos of community events, holidays, pets, cute kids, breaking news and more, and vote for your favorites!
Submit your area events to encourage others in your community to attend.