Overnight fire displaces Petaluma family
Published: Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 10:20 a.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 10:20 a.m.
A family of three was evacuated from their Petaluma home early Wednesday morning after a fire broke out in their house.
The smell of smoke awoke the residents who evacuated the home on Country Club Drive at about 2:45 a.m.
Firefighters from the Petaluma and Rancho Adobe fire departments responded to the scene and found a fire in the crawl space behind a fireplace.
Some of the blaze was quelled by breaking through the stucco-covered wall. The remaining involved crawl space was difficult to access, according to fire officials, but the flames were eventually extinguished.
The damage from the fire is estimated to be between $5,000 and $10,000.
You'll find a number of new technology features available from this site. With personalized news sent straight to your mobile device.
post your stuff
Have something to say? Join the conversation!
Submit your area events to encourage others in your community to attend.