Electrical fire displaces two Petaluma families
Published: Friday, February 14, 2014 at 1:25 p.m.
Last Modified: Friday, February 14, 2014 at 1:25 p.m.
Faulty electrical wiring sparked a fire in a Petaluma Victorian home Thursday night, displacing two families, said Petaluma fire officials.
A neighbor arriving home on Wilson Street spotted the fire at about 8:20 p.m. and evacuated people from the large two-story home, which was being used as two apartments.
Firefighters arrived three minutes later and found smoke coming through an outside wall and a resident using a garden hose on the building, said acting fire Capt. Chad Costa.
The fire was contained to a wall where it started. Damage was minimal but residents were told they couldn't stay because of the wiring issue, said Costa.
He praised the quick work of the neighbor for helping firefighter get to the scene while the problem still was small.
He estimated damage at about $1,000.
All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.
You'll find a number of new technology features available from this site. With personalized news sent straight to your mobile device.
post your stuff
Petaluma360.com is here for you to post your comments, photos, news and events with the community. Post it now!
Have something to say? Join the conversation!
Upload your photos of community events, holidays, pets, cute kids, breaking news and more, and vote for your favorites!
Submit your area events to encourage others in your community to attend.