56°
Cloudy
MON
 84°
 56°
TUE
 85°
 54°
WED
 88°
 54°
THU
 82°
 56°
FRI
 88°
 56°

Overnight fire displaces Petaluma family

A family of three was evacuated from their Petaluma home early Wednesday morning after a fire broke out in their house.

The smell of smoke awoke the residents who evacuated the home on Country Club Drive at about 2:45 a.m.

Firefighters from the Petaluma and Rancho Adobe fire departments responded to the scene and found a fire in the crawl space behind a fireplace.

Some of the blaze was quelled by breaking through the stucco-covered wall. The remaining involved crawl space was difficult to access, according to fire officials, but the flames were eventually extinguished.

The damage from the fire is estimated to be between $5,000 and $10,000.


comments powered by Disqus
© The Press Democrat |  Terms of Service |  Privacy Policy |  Jobs With Us |  RSS |  Advertising |  Sonoma Media Investments |  Place an Ad
Switch to our Mobile View