The Petaluma Fire Department received 29 medical and 78 fire or other emergency calls from July 15 through July 21. Here are some of the calls.
Monday, July 15
8:58 a.m. — A small fire broke out in the front yard 508 S. McDowell Blvd,, which a police officer extinguished with a nearby garden hose. Firefighters found several cigarette butts in the area of the fire.
Friday, July 19
2:25 p.m. — Firefighters rushed to 1010 St. Francis Drive for a report of a debris fire in the rear of Miwok Elementary School. The fire in the 40-foot debris box was extinguished.
5:11 p.m. — A report of a tree falling on a mobile home at 717 N. McDowell Blvd. drew firefighters to the scene. They found no structural damage to the home and cleared the tree.
6:58 p.m. — A pan caught fire in an apartment at 400 Casa Grande Road when residents went for a walk after cooking dinner, thinking the stove was off.