The Petaluma Fire Department received 21 medical and 64 fire or other emergency calls from March 25 through March 31. Here are some of the calls.
Monday, March 25
2:32 p.m. — Firefighters were called to East Washington Street for a vehicle accident. They found three vehicles blocking the east side of the intersection with East Washington Street and Maria Drive. One person was still inside a vehicle. Two patients were taken to the hospital.
Wendesday, March 27
8:51 p.m. — Firefighters went to 916 Aspen Drive for a building fire. Residents said they had been burning incense and left it unattended. It fell over, causing roughly a square foot of carpet to burn.
3:02 p.m. — A motorcyclist was reported down on Bodega Ave. and was taken to the hospital.
7:05 p.m. — Firefighters responded to a debris fire in a Dumpster at 434 Payran St. A bystander was dumping a bucket of water on the blaze when they arrived.
Thursday, March 28
12:50 a.m. — A building fire at 2025 Caulfield Lane required firefighters to rush to the scene. They found a single story home with no smoke showing and a resident standing in the driveway. Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire, which appeared to have started from a heating lamp attached to a chair to keep baby chickens in a cardboard box warm. It appears that the lamp fell into the box and ignited the shavings.
5:07 p.m. — Burned rice was the reason firefighters were called to a fire at 101 Second St., a commercial building with residences on the upper floor. They arrived at a unit to find moderate smoke there.
Sunday, March 31
6:16 p.m. — Firefighters headed to a crash between a vehicle and a pedestrian at 333 Edith St. A juvenile was injured and taken to the hospital.
9:34 p.m. — Units responded to an accident at D Street extension and San Antonio Road. A solo driver had been injured and was taken to the hospital.