In video captured by reader Wayne Reavis on Friday, a van is seen erupting into flames in the parking lot of the Staples shopping center on South McDowell Boulevard at around 2:30 p.m. The front of the van was fully engulfed by the time firefighters arrived a few minutes later. Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, which was mostly limited to the engine compartment and not the passenger area of the vehicle.
The owner of the van told firefighters that he parked the vehicle, didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, and went into a store. He found out about the fire when someone reported that there was a vehicle on fire.
To see the video, click here: http://youtu.be/LFIk6a8zZOc.
Sonoma Magazine: 20 things to do on the Russian River