Area high school students are invited to experience democracy firsthand by participating in Sonoma County’s Student Poll Worker program on Election Day. To participate, students should call 565-6816 or visit the website at vote.sonoma-county.org and download a student application form.
To qualify for the program a student must:
• Be at least 16 years of age on Election Day.
• Be a United States citizen at the time of the election for which he or she is serving as a member of a precinct board or be lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States.
• Be a student in good academic standing.
• Have a GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
• Have permission of parent or guardian and his/her school.
• Attend a poll-worker training class.